got milk?

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Day 3: The Fall of Man

Genesis 3:1-24, NIV

In regards to a comment for Day 2: Adam and Eve, I guess the temptation must've been pretty huge. I have no clue how mature and innocent Adam and Eve were then. But the real issue was disobeying God, I guess. Still - I don't know, isn't it that when somebody tells you not to do something, you just have to do it? "Don't step over that line!" - edgeedgeedgetiptoe just to see what happens.

It doesn't say that there was much of an inner struggle with Eve when she decided to take the fruit. It seems like she just thought, "Okay, so I won't die, and I get to be smart? Okay. Let's eat." That is, at least, what it seems like to me.

...How did they know how to sew, and what with?

Okay, I digress.

Adam was...very blunt, and truthful...no evading the question when God asked. Even though when God asked about the fruit, he shifted the blame to Eve - which does make sense; she did tell him to eat it, though he should have said no.

And the serpent didn't really deceive Eve...I mean, what he said was true, sort of. Well, I guess they would die...but then they gained knowledge.

To curse the serpent so would mean that it wasn't really a creation of God when he made the animals? Was the serpent just Lucifer in an animal form?

Oh. THAT'S why women were...sort of, what's the word, kind of oppressed. Sort of. Cuz she sinned. And that was her punishment. And if God greatly increased the pain in childbirth...

And were Adam and Eve originally allowed to eat from the Tree of Life? Because in the banishment God barred the Garden's door so they couldn't eat and live forever.

Why "He drove the man out" and not man and woman or something, and why bar the east side? Was that the only entrance...? Off-topic (somewhat) questions, but...I figure it's worth asking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home