got milk?

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Day 6: The Flood

Genesis 6:1-22, 7:1-24, 8:1-22, NIV

Oh whoa. God actually put down a specific limit to the amount of years man could live? Has anyone ever made it past a hundred and twenty? Weird, but cool.

Having read Many Waters sorta influences my view on the Nephilim, but that seems kinda strange to me too. Fallen angels mating with humans? Ugh, that seems like a crude word to use.


If God could do so much, why did he have to wipe men off the face of the earth? Couldn't He just change things? Besides, he saw it all coming, so why was he so grieved...okay, bad question, but...okay, I'm not really going anywhere with this.

Did two and seven mean two and seven or two and seven pairs? And I guess seven was some significant number? And I guess God's limit on the mortal life span didn't yet affect Noah...I guess it would've been later generations.

Oh. Pairs. Gotcha.

Why so detailed? Seventeenth day of the second month after Noah's six hundredth birthday. Weird.

Why did fishes die in the flood? Were they brought on the ark?

One hundred and fifty days, water went down on the seventeenth day of the seventh month.

How does an olive tree grow in seven days? Or how does it survive a one-hundred-fifty-day flood?

It says nothing about creatures that move in the sea.

Ah! "The LORD smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: 'Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.'" So man is inherently evil!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home